Four storey former warehouse building converted to managed arts and community workspace in 2002.
Laganside Corporation submitted a planning application (Z/2001/2163/F) in August 2001 proposing to refurbish the existing warehouse to provide managed community workspace and create a new external square. The application was approved in November 2001.
The Cotton Court managed workspace opened in 2002 alongside the new public space. The Cotton Court external public space was designed by The Paul Hogarth Company and comprises caithness stone paving, a bespoke seating structure with a large red oak tree and public art.
The eastern ground floor unit has been occupied by 2Taps Winebar since the early 2000s.
Cathedral Leisure Ltd submitted a planning application (LA04/2019/1485/F) in June 2019 proposing to change the use of the western ground floor unit to public bar / art gallery. The proposal is designed by ADO Belfast to include a connection through to the courtyard of the neighbouring Dirty Onion bar.