Two interconnected buildings at 56-70 Castle Street and 1-3 Queen Street built in 1914 and c.1920 respectively.
Lipton Ltd operated a grocery store at no.56 from at least 1950 and extended store rooms into no.3 from the late 1950s. J&J Foods took over the unit during the early 1970s and operated a supermarket from the ground floor of the building until the early 1990s.
Poundstretcher opened in 1997.
The building was placed on the market in October 2021 with offers invited in the region of £1,350,000.