The Flat Iron is an office refurbishment project completed by Wirefox during late 2018.
The property at 99 – 103 Victoria Street & 64 – 70 Upper Church Lane is a 4-storey red brick building designed by Thomas Jackson & Son for John Trueman, baker & flour merchant between 1867-1868.
For many years the ground floor was occupied by the Shakespeare Bar. Around 1990 Mr J. Bittles acquired the licence and opened Bittles Bar.
The upper floors were most recently occupied by Cunningham & Dickey Solicitors until they merged with CMG and relocated in 2015.
The property was acquired by Wirefox (Wirefox Flatiron Ltd) in November 2016. Wirefox submitted a planning application (LA04/2018/0117/F) in January 2018 proposing to refurbish the vacant part-ground, first, second and third floors for office accommodation (Bittles Bar unaffected). The application was approved in March 2018.
Merex Construction refurbished the upper floors of the building for office accommodation between March – November 2018.
Wirefox Flatiron Ltd submitted a planning application (LA04/2018/1068/F) in April 2018 proposing to convert the vacant ground floor into a coffee shop. The application was approved in August 2018.
The office space is now fully agreed (Jan 2019).