A six-storey hotel building comprising 190 bedrooms. The £9.4m development opened in April 1997 and received £2.5m of support from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
The site was previously occupied by a cinema building designed by Leslie Kemp and built 1935 – 1936 for Union Cinemas. The cinema was opened as The Ritz Cinema on November 9th 1936 when 2,219 attended a screening of The Queen of Hearts. Union Cinemas was acquired by the ABC Group in 1963 and the cinema was renamed The ABC Belfast. The building was substantially damaged by an incendiary bomb attack on September 22nd 1977. Following repairs the ABC Group reopened the cinema as a four-screen multiplex in June 1981. The four screens seated 550, 444, 281 and 215 people. The ABC Group was acquired by Cannon Group in 1986 and the cinema was renamed The Cannon. The cinema closed on July 1st 1993 and the building was subsequently demolished to make way for the current hotel building completed in 1997 for Jurys Inn.
McAleer & Rushe and Consarc Design Group prepared plans in 2006 for a six storey extension along Grosvenor Road comprising 106 bedrooms over ground floor car parking (Z/2007/0015/F). M & R Estates Ltd and Consarc Design Group submitted a similar planning application (LA04/2015/1114/F) in July 2015 proposing an 80-bedroom extension over ground floor car parking at 9 – 12 Grosvenor Road. The application was approved in March 2016.