A ten-storey hotel and office building developed in 2008. The office accommodation on the four upper floors are accessed from 2 Clarence Street West and the hotel on the lower six floors is accessed from 4 Clarence Street West alongside a ground floor bar / restaurant.
The site was previously occupied by a post-war two-storey building trading as Stanley Harvey & Co. Ltd motor engineers and agents since at least 1950. Stanley Harvey’s were the Rolls-Royce distributer in Belfast from at least the 1960s until the 1980s.
The site was acquired by Ovolo Ltd from Bavarian Garages (NI) Ltd in February 1989.
The building was converted into a ten-pin bowling alley in 1988/89. The Superbowl complex continued trading as a bowling alley with amusement arcade and associated bar until the late 1990s.
A planning application (Z/1999/2170) submitted in February 1999 proposed to develop a seven storey building comprising 62no. basement car parking spaces, ground floor licensed premises / ten pin bowling and office accommodation on the upper floors. The application was approved although development did not proceed.
Ovolo Ltd submitted a planning application (Z/2005/0692/F) in April 2005 proposing to demolish the existing ten pin bowling complex and develop a hotel and office building. The application was approved in October 2006. An amended application (Z/2006/2729/F) was submitted by Ovolo Ltd in November 2006 and approved in March 2007.
John Tinnelly and Sons commenced demolition of the Superbowl ten pin bowling complex during early 2007. Construction of the hotel and office building commenced late summer 2007 and completed in November 2008.
The hotel is occupied by a 145 bedroom Radisson Park Inn Hotel that opened on 15 December 2008.
The building was sold in July 2021.