A five-storey red brick building bound by Great Victoria Street, Little Victoria Street and Bruce Street. Designed by architect Thomas McCaul and built 1902 – 1903.
H&J Martin were appointed to carry out alterations to the building costing £3,600 between 1907 – 1909.
John Cleland leased the site from Robert Glendinning in 1903 by way of a 10,000 year lease. John Cleland & Son Ltd opened a printing and stationary business in the building and traded at this location until at least the 1960s.
Donaldson & Lyttle Ltd, a company incorporated in 1939, had acquired the building by the 1980s and operated a furniture store from the premises until the 1990’s.
The building was refurbished internally in the late 1990’s to provide office accommodation on the upper floors and ground floor commercial units.
Donaldson & Lyttle Ltd was placed into receivership in May 2013 and the property was placed on the market in February 2014 with a guide price of £1.5m. The company exited receivership in October 2015 and the property remained on the market with Lambert Smith Hampton until the end of 2016 with a guide price of £1.7m.
Donaldson & Lyttle Property Ltd acquired ownership of the property in January 2017.
The building’s upper floors were refurbished during 2017 and placed on the market for rent by CBRE.
Ginger Bistro extended into the main ground floor unit at Great Victoria Street during 2018. Nu Delhi Indian Restaurant relocated from Bruce Street to the first floor during late 2018.
Donaldson & Lyttle Property Ltd submitted a planning application (LA04/2020/2199/F) in October 2020 proposing to convert and extend the upper floors of the building to provide 28no. apartments.