Two connected buildings bound by Victoria Street, Ulster Street and Custom House Square and Queen’s Square.
The building at 16 Victoria Street is a single-storey building (later converted to three-storeys) in Portland stone, built 1851-52 by Sir Charles Lanyon for the Northern Banking Co. at a cost of £14,000. The building has been listed (B+) by NIEA.
The building at 4 Queen’s Square (connected to the 1850’s building) is a four-storey building in Portland stone and tinted glass, built 1986-87 by Samuel Stevenson for the Trustee Savings Bank.
The original building (Victoria St) comprises ground (8,138sqft), first (8,138sqft) and second floor (1,819sqft) accommodation, and the 1980’s extension (Queen’s Sq) comprises ground (9,014sqft), first (7,836sqft), second (7,836sqft) and third (7,836sqft) of accommodation. The total gross internal floor area of both buildings combined is 50,617 sq ft.
The First Trust Bank vacated the building in May 2013 and BTW Shiells placed the 0.53 acre site on the market in June 2013; inviting offers in the region of £2.5 million.
Stargime, a Paris based property development company, acquired the buildings in November 2014 for £2m. Stargime submitted a planning application (LA04/2015/0731/F) in June 2015 proposing to demolish the 1980’s extension, retain and refurbish the original 1852 building and develop a new-build extension to provide 80,000ft2 of office accommodation. The application was withdrawn in September 2018.