The Abercorn Residential Complex (ARC) comprises 474 apartments across six inter-linked buildings. Construction commenced in 2007 and completed in 2012 at a cost of c£70m.
The development consists of six curved blocks ranging in height from 6 to 12 stories, focused on a reformed Abercorn Basin. The architect, John Reid of Robinson McIlwaine Architects, designed a curved geometry for the development so each block becomes an ‘arc’ radiating from the centre of the basin.
Alongside 474 apartments the development also provides three levels of car parking (two levels underground and one at ground level – 500 spaces in total), private podium gardens at first floor level and ground floor commercial units overlooking Abercorn Basin.
Upon release in 2007 approximately 80% of the apartments were sold off plan.
Ground floor commercial units:
– Units 1-3: Spar (opened October 2017). RainCheck (opened Jan 2018).
– Unit 4: vacant
– Unit 5: vacant
– Unit 6: Subway (opened September 2018).
– Unit 7: Smoothie Factory (opening summer 2022). Previously Belfast Baking Company (opened November 2015, closed August 2017)
– Unit 8: vacant. Previously Titanic Segway Tours (opened April 2013, relocated 2015)
– Unit 9: vacant
– Unit 10: vacant. Previously Mace (opened April 2013, expanded September 2015, relocated to Units 1-3 October 2017)
– Unit 11: The Dock
– Unit 12: Paper Cup Coffee Shop (opened August 2017)