A four storey townhouse developed for Mr J. McCammond c.1830 as part of a residential terrace.
First occupied by a Dr Forsythe during the 1830s and 1840s, and then by Sir William Johnson, magistrate and former mayor of Belfast until the late 1880s. The property was purchased at auction for £1,000 by Dr Andrew McConnell c1890.
The building continued in residential use until the 1950s when it was converted to office use. The building was B1 listed in June 1979 (ref: HB 26/50/102F).
Mr P. McElroy converted the building into tourist hostel accommodation (15no. bedrooms) c.2006 (Z/2005/0722/F).
The property was repossessed and Lambert Smith Hampton placed the building on the market in 2015 with offers invited in the region of £150,000. The building sold for an undisclosed sum.
Dunedin Developments Ireland and APS Architects submitted a planning application (LA04/2016/1566/F) in July 2016 proposing to change the use of the building to residential, refurbish and extend to provide 6no. apartments. The application was approved in May 2017.
Dunedin Developments Ireland and APS Architects submitted a planning application (LA04/2022/1043/F) in May 2022 proposing to renew permission LA04/2016/1566/F.