Westgate House

Last Update: 14 Jan 2019 | New Project Images

Westgate House is located at 2-4 Queen Street and 50-54 Castle Street. It is a four storey building comprising 3no. ground floor retail units (c2,300ft2) and office accommodation (c10,000ft2) on the upper floors.

From 1870 – 1915 the site was occupied by the Working Men’s Institute; a three storey brick building designed by Anthony Jackson.

Leisureworld Toys & Hobbies Ltd owned Westgate House from at least March 1984 until 2008 when Lebreh Ltd acquired the building.

Osborne King’s June 2017 property auction listed the building for sale with a maximum reserve of £750,000, however the property sold before the event for an undisclosed sum.

Kirk Bryson & Co. Ltd submitted a planning application (LA04/2017/2079/F) in August 2017 proposing to change the use of the former dry cleaners at 4 Queen Street to hot food/restaurant use. The unit (630ft2) was occupied by a dry cleaners business for many years until a fire around May 2014 and has been vacant since.

Maintenance work to the building facade took place during September 2017.

Kirk Bryson & Co Ltd submitted a planning application (LA04/2019/0068/F) in December 2018 proposing to demolish the existing building and develop 54no. apartments above ground floor retail.