A two storey former school building designed by R.S. Wilshere in a neo early Georgian style using rustic brick and render. The school was built in 1932 in a symmetrical arrangement around a central courtyard. The building was B1 listed (HB26/33/004) in December 2001.
St Comgall’s Public Elementary School opened in December 1933. The school closed in c.1999. The site was previously occupied by the old Belfast Model School; built 1855 and destroyed by fire in May 1922.
The Falls Community Council acquired the building in 2003 and propose a c.£7m project to refurbish the building into a multi-use community facility comprising a function hall, exhibition space, visitor facilities, office space and a cafe.
Falls Community Council and Hall Black Douglas Architects submitted a planning application (LA04/2018/1886/F) in July 2018 proposing to refurbish and improve the existing building and site to provide space for a range of community-based heritage, culture, education, leisure, seminar and exhibition uses.