A two storey red brick building built around 1870. The building is named after Mr John Porter who donated £1,000 towards the cost of extending the original Clarke’s National School.
The building was later used as an annex to the School of Music on Donegall Pass until both buildings closed to public use in October 2010.
The building was sold for £140,000 at Lambert Smith Hampton’s November 2016 commercial property auction.
Music Hall Services Ltd and Design + Management submitted a planning application (LA04/2017/0468/F) in March 2017 proposing to demolish the existing building and develop a 4-storey residential building comprising 20no. apartments. The application was refused in April 2017 and Music Hall Services Ltd submitted an appeal to the Planning Appeals Commission. The PAC dismissed the appeal in December 2017 (ref: 2017/A0081).
Music Hall Services Ltd and Dickson Fitgerald Architects submitted a planning application (LA04/2018/0408/F) in February 2018 proposing demolition of the existing building and construction of new 3/4 storey apartment building comprising 23no. apartments.