A proposed mixed-use development on a 17 acre site bound by Sydenham Road, the River Lagan and the M3 Motorway. The site currently comprises the Odyssey main car park, overflow car park and associated public space.
Odyssey Millennium Ltd commissioned Henry J. Lyons Architects, Turley and RPS in January 2008 to prepare design proposals for the site. Odyssey Millennium Ltd and Turley submitted an outline planning application (Z/2009/1309/O) in September 2009 proposing “a maximum of 798 residential units (up to 73,420 sqm) with associated amenity space, two hotels (up to 22,438 sqm), offices (up to 4,370 sqm), retail and retail services (up to 905 sqm), leisure facilities (up to 1303 sqm), community and cultural uses (up to 1,570 sqm), cafes / bars / restaurants (up to 2,824 sqm), public open space and multi-storey car parking (up to 55,612 sqm)”. The outline application was granted approval in December 2013.
The Odyssey Trust Company and Turley submitted a reserved matters planning application (LA04/2016/1540/RM) in July 2016 proposing a new roundabout at Queen’s Quay/ Sydenham Road, including reconfiguration and upgrading, and works to the M3 off-slip. The application was approved in December 2016.
Work commenced in May 2017 to implement the £400,000 of infrastructure works approved under LA04/2016/1540/RM.
The Odyssey Quays Outline Masterplan comprises:
- Residential (792,000ft2) comprising up to 800 apartments (1, 2 & 3 bedroom and duplex units). Located on the upper floors of the riverfront tower and above the main four-storey car-park podium at Sydenham Road.
- Hotels (255,500ft2) include a 160 bedroom hotel proposed along the riverfront and a 250 bedroom hotel proposed at the eastern end of Sydenham Road.
- Cafes, bars and restaurants (30,000ft2) at the ground and first floor riverfront buildings and ground floor at the southern side of Sydenham Road.
- Retail (9,800ft2) at the ground floor along the southern side of Sydenham Road.
- Community (17,000ft2) uses including a creche and GP surgery.
- Own door offices (47,000ft2) at the southern side of Sydenham Road at ground, first and second floor level.
- Public realm (2.4ha.) comprising Odyssey Plaza, riverfront promenade, enhanced streetscapes and podium gardens.
- Car-parking (2,700 spaces) within the four-storey podium structure at Sydenham Road.