4 Joy’s Entry is a three storey building dating from the 1860s and now occupied by McCracken’s Bar. During construction of 37-43 High Street in 1881 the upper floors of 4 Joy’s Entry were converted into a dining and meeting hall called St George’s Hall. The hall is accessed from High Street and is now separate from the Joy’s Entry premises.
The Globe Luncheon Bar traded from 4 Joy’s Entry from the early 20th century until the 1950s.
The property was owned by Beechill Inns Ltd since at least 1999 when the bar was extensively refurbished and renamed McCracken’s Cafe Bar.
The property was acquired by Jar (Ire) Ltd in July 2017. McCracken’s Bar is now operated by 3 Wise Men Pubs Ltd.
3 Wise Men Pubs Ltd and Barry Owens Consulting submitted a planning application (LA04/2017/2670/F) in November 2017 proposing to extend McCracken’s Bar into an adjacent vacant storage warehouse and build a new single storey rear extension with outdoor terrace above.