Lincoln Building was built 1902 – 1907 as a six-storey red-brick warehouse building designed by architect Henry Seaver for Spence Bryson.
The building was redeveloped by Vernon Properties (a company controlled by Lord Diljit Rana) to provide office accommodation across the six existing floors and a new 7th floor (Z/1989/3061, Z/1990/2207 & Z/1990/3085). Barrie Todd Architects reconfigured the existing building to provide a new stair and lift core and a new full height glazed section at Hope Street. The works were carried out 1992 – 1993. The upper floors were let to Land Registry NI in 1993 and the ground floor was occupied by Occupational Health Services (DHSS). Land Registry relocated in September 2014.
Andras House Ltd appointed Johnston Houston to project manage internal refurbishment of the building to provide 61,200ft2 of office accommodation. Barrett Contracts were appointed main contractor and Philip Rodgers Design provided interior design services. The c£5m refurbishment project included relocation of the main entrance from Hope Street to Great Victoria Street. Refurbishment and fit-out works were carried out between autumn 2015 – April 2017 and the building’s upper floors are now occupied by Axiom (26,100ft2), Regus (17,400ft2) and Deloitte.
A planning application (LA04/2017/1491/F) submitted in June 2017 seeks to change the use of the ground floor from office to sui generis (24-hour fitness club). Media reports suggest a branch of Anytime Fitness is proposed to open.
During October 2017 Barrett Contracts began preparing the ground floor unit for fit-out of the Anytime Gym.