A five storey hotel building, over basement, comprising 32 bedrooms, reception area, bar/ lounge and restaurant. Designed by Michael Galbraith Associates for Elmoreton Ltd.
Elmoreton had acquired nos.7-21 Bradbury Place from Deramore Holdings Ltd in February 1996. The existing buildings on the site were demolished in 1996 and Shipquay Enterprises Ltd commenced construction of the basement and steel framed hotel building during early 1997. The hotel was completed in late 1998 at a cost of £4m.
Elmoreton Ltd and Michael Galbraith Associates submitted a planning application (Z/2007/1447/F) in June 2007 proposing to demolish nos.12-20 Donegall Road and develop a five storey extension to the existing Benedict’s hotel, comprising 4no. ground floor commercial units and 30no. bedrooms above. The application was approved in November 2007.
In April 2014 a similar application was submitted (Z/2014/0601/F) seeking to demolish the existing buildings at 12 – 20 Donegall Road and develop a four-storey building. The proposal consists of 3no. ground floor commercial units and 24no. hotel rooms at first, second, third and fourth floor levels. The application was approved by Belfast City Council’s Planning Committee in August 2015.