A four-storey building designed by Samuel Stevenson for Kirker, Greer & Co. distillers and blenders. The warehouse and office building was built at a cost of £15,000 between 1899 – 1901. Brown, Cobbett & Co Ltd, distillers and blenders acquired the building in 1917. During the Second World War the building was used as the Air Raid Precautions Headquarters.
The Belfast Education Authority (BEA) acquired the building in 1947. The Belfast Education and Library Board (BELB) was formed from the BEA in 1973 and continued to occupy the building until May 1985 when a £1.3m refurbishment scheme was carried out by Gilbert Ash under the supervision of Ferguson McIlveen Architects.
The building was B2 listed in February 2014 and continues to be occupied by the BELB.