Four storey office building with ground floor retail units. On completion in 1906 the building comprised 4no. ground floor units, occupied by Hugh Renton & Co. (accountants & auctioneers), Scott & Evans Ltd (piano merchants), A. Bell & Sons Ltd (laundrette) and J. Alfred McAuley (estate agent). The latter two businesses continued to occupy the shop units until at least the 1970s.
Arthur Chambers was listed in 1988 and the building facade was refurbished by the Trustees of J. Alfred McAuley during autumn 1989.
Around late 1993 / early 1994 the unit at 12 Arthur Street was amalgamated with an existing restaurant business at 14 Arthur Street.
Cafe Rankin opened at 12-14 Arthur Street during summer 1998 and continued to trade until closing early 2007.
Clothing retailer Jigsaw opened at 12-14 Arthur Street in July 2008.
Margaret Forbes Jewellery occupy the unit at 8 Arthur Street.
Trespass relocated from Donegall Place to 4 Arthur Street in November 2014. Trespass will relocate in October 2017 to Ann Street and the unit is being offered to let by assignment.