A terrace of red brick buildings; no.9 is three storeys (built c.1910) and no.11-19 is two storeys (built c.1935).
No.9 has been occupied by a public house since construction. C & F Inns Ltd extended the bar premises at no.9 during 1995 to include the first floor area of 11-19 Fountain Street. Copperfields bar (formerly Hannigan’s) was renamed Voodoo during 2011.
Phoenix Wine & Spirit Stores Ltd submitted a planning application (LA04/2018/0420/F) in February 2018 proposing to extend Voodoo into the vacant unit at no.19 (formerly Fountain News) to serve food with a late licence. A new entrance is proposed on the south gable end.