Currently a two storey building occupied by a car hire business since 1990.
3R Properties submitted a planning application (Z/1997/2467) in June 1997 proposing to develop a 7-storey building comprising office accommodation over a ground floor restaurant unit and basement car park. The application was approved in December 1997 although no development commenced.
Mrs R. Copeland & Mrs S. Mc Kelvey initially submitted a planning application (Z/2007/1773/F) in July 2007 proposing a 13-storey building comprising 48no. apartments over a ground floor retail unit. The application was resubmitted (Z/2008/0215/F) in January 2008 proposing a 10-storey building comprising 36no. apartments over a ground floor retail unit. The revised application was approved in October 2009. No development commenced and the permission expired in October 2014.
In 1890 no.71 was the Hospital for Nervous Diseases and in 1901 no.69 was occupied by the Belfast Hygienic Institute Ltd.