A two-storey building built c1980 (planning ref: Z/1977/1104) as showroom and retail premises. The site had been vacant since 1972 when bomb / fire damage substantially damaged part of a three-storey terrace (c1830) building (a section still remains at 50-54 Dublin Road).
The building was built for Thomas Kelly & Co. (paint & wallpaper shop) who occupied the ground floor until the early 1990s. The company applied to convert the building for use as a restaurant and public house in 1991 (Z/1991/2616). The building was divided into 2no. two storey units; no.44 comprised 2,960ft2 and no.46-48 comprised 4,675ft2.
Restaurant Enterprises Ltd (later Restaurant Management Services Ltd) opened a Pizza Hut restaurant c1992 at no.46-48. The franchisee (Restaurant Management Services Ltd) entered administration in May 2009 and the Pizza Hut restaurant closed in the same month.
Tarwood Ltd operated Auntie Annie’s public house at 44 Dublin Road from c1998. The assets of Tarwood Ltd transferred to CDC Leisure Ltd during 2007. CDC entered into a 25 year lease with the landlord in June 2007. CDC Leisure entered into administration in June 2010. The Administrator marketed the Auntie Annie’s business from March 2011 with a guide price of £650,000. No purchaser was found and the Administrator closed the public house in April 2013.
Jar (Ire) Ltd reached an agreement with the fixed charge receivers in June 2014 to reopen the former Auntie Annie’s public house. The new business traded as ‘The Bar With No Name’ from July 2014 until August 2016.
Jar (Ire) Ltd acquired the entire building (44-48 Dublin Road) in March 2015 for an undisclosed sum.
Jar refurbished the premises and opened a whiskey and alehouse known as The Five Points in September 2016.