A four-storey commercial building with frontage to Donegall Place and Fountain Street. The ground and part first floor are let to Boots. The building was designed by Blackwood & Jury / Arthur Swift & Partners for Ulster Bank and built by McLaughlin & Harvey between 1973 – 1974.
The property was owned by Wildrose Properties (3) Ltd since at least 2007. Wildrose was placed into administration in March 2012 and the administrator placed the property on the market during early 2015.
The 82,000ft2 building was purchased in May 2015 by a consortium comprising Lumina Real Estate Capital, Bywater Capital and Belfast-based Ashmour Developments. The reported sale price was £13.82m.
McCallan Bros. Ltd undertook strip-out works to the upper floors during summer 2015.
Bywater Properties Investment Management LLP and GM Design Associates submitted a planning application (LA04/2016/1762/F) in August 2016 proposing to extend and refurbish the existing building. The £15m scheme comprises 37,000ft2 of retail space at ground and first floor and 65,000ft2 of office accommodation on the upper four floors. The scheme also comprises new facades, shop fronts and lobby areas. The application was approved in January 2017.
Boots signed a 10 year lease during summer 2019 to remain at the ground and first floor of the building.
Bywater Properties, Ashmour and LRE Capital will now progress refurbishment of 50,000ft2 of office accommodation on the upper floors.