Floral Buildings was built 1901 – 1902 as a three-storey building to provide additional market space and stabling. The building was designed by W J Moore and built by J & R Thompson at an estimated cost of £7,000.
The building was redeveloped between 2000 – 2001 for office use. The redevelopment comprised partial retention of the facade and addition of two new upper floors. The building now provides ground floor commercial space (7,000 ft2) and office accommodation (19,000 ft2) across the three upper floors.
The building sold, together with Forsyth House, to a London based property company during summer 2015 for an undisclosed sum.