A four storey building built 1960. The building’s first tenant at ground floor was Sterlings, handbag merchants. Trueform traded from the ground floor from 1985 until the early 1990s. Barratts / Priceless Shoes operated at the ground floor from 1996 until closing in January 2009 when the parent company went into administration.
Previously on this site was the three storey ‘Imperial Picture House’, designed by Robert Lynn and built 1913-1914 by C. & W. McQuoid for The Ulster Cinematograph Theatres Ltd. The cinema opened on 7th December 1914 with a showing of ‘Little Lord Fauntleroy’. The cinema closed on 28th November 1959 with a showing of ‘Lonelyhearts’. The building was demolished shortly thereafter.
Prior to the Imperial Picture House the site was occupied by a four storey building at nos.18-20 and a three storey building at nos.22-24. Both buildings dated from the mid-1800s and were demolished late 1913 to make way for the ‘Imperial’.
The building sold during December 2018.